Terms and conditions for competition entry and prizes.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over (“Eligible Entrant”).
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
4. Competition commences 10:00AM 5 May 2016 and entries close and must be received by 5:00 PM 19 May 2016 (“Competition Period”). Winners will be notified by email by 20 May 2016 (“Winner Notification Date”). The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. An entry is deemed to be received at the time of its receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must go to the emailed URL, answer all the required questions in the survey, submit an answer to the question ‘Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) is sometimes known as block _ _ _ _ _?’, and supply their full name and contact details during the Competition Period (“Eligible Entry”).
6. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of winners. The first correct answer received will be judged to be the winner.
7. Only one Eligible Entry is permitted. However, where multiple entries are submitted by the same Eligible Entrant, only the first entry will be accepted as the Eligible Entry.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, deems to be offensive, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the competition. The Promoter also reserves the right to verify the validity of any voting or judging process in the promotion and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with any voting or judging process, or otherwise does not act in accordance with these conditions of entry when participating in any voting or judging process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Any incorrect entrant details submitted may render the corresponding entry invalid. It is each entrant’s responsibility to inform the Promoter if their personal details change prior to the Winner Notification Date.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the corresponding email account is held.
11. The first correct entry as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will win 1 Apple Watch Sport, 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band valued at $499 or equivalent watch in a different colour to the same value. The prize is for the device only and does not include, and the winner is responsible for, making connection with a service provider and for payment of all associated access and other charges.
12. If for any reason whatsoever the prize winner does not claim their prize within 14 days of the date upon which the Promoter first attempts to contact them, then the prize will be forfeited by the prize winner and neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu. In this event, the Promoter will select the next received correct entry. This process will continue either until the particular prize is claimed or valid entries are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
13. If a prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal value and/or specification, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
14. If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, unless to do so would be prohibited by law, to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to cancel, suspend, modify, terminate or cancel the promotion.
15. No prize is transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
16. These conditions of entry do not, nor do they intend to, limit, exclude or modify any non - excludable statutory guarantee under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other warranties (whether express or implied) or terms under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded.
17. To the maximum extent permitted under law, the Promoter (including its officer, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss or profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, without limitation, the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control): (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these conditions of entry ; (e) any tax implications; and/or ( f ) a prize or use of a prize. Nothing in these terms affects the statutory rights of any person under The Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law.
18. Each entrant consents, if the entrant becomes a winner, to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), the Promoter and/or products/services supplied by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter is ASX Operations Pty Ltd, ABN 42 004 523 782, 20 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000.