This article appeared in the January 2013 ASX Investor Update email newsletter. To subscribe to this newsletter please register with the MyASX section or visit the About MyASX page for past editions and more details.
Revisit these popular newsletter stories to learn more about long-term investing.
By Tony Featherstone, editor
Each year, ASX Investor Update publishes more than 100 stories on educational topics for investors, across a wide range of products and markets. Here are 13 stories that suit investors who are new to the sharemarket, or thinking about investing in equities in 2013 for the first time.
- Star value stocks, by Roger Montgomery, Montgomery Investment Management
- Beware low yields from cash, by Mike Saba, Evans & Partners
- Three rules to a great portfolio, by Dale Gillham, Wealth Within
- Comparing apples and oranges, by Michael Kemp, Barefoot Blueprint
- Tax-free retirement, by Sam Henderson, Henderson Maxwell
- Case for LICs, by John Abernethy, Clime 10412
- Eight habits of great traders, Louise Bedford, author
- Five yield traps, by Christine St. Anne, Morningstar
- Lessons from Buffett, by Michael Kemp, Barefoot Blueprint
- What to trade and when, by Louise Bedford, author
- Managed funds guide, by Jemima Joseph, Morningstar
- Smart portfolio strategies, by Robin Bowerman, Vanguard
- Classic investment mistakes, by Nathan Bell, Intelligent Investor.
Some of these stories may refer to outdated share price information, but their core educational concepts explained provide useful investment insights.
The views, opinions or recommendations of the author in this article are solely those of the author and do not in any way reflect the views, opinions, recommendations, of ASX Limited ABN 98 008 624 691 and its related bodies corporate ("ASX"). ASX makes no representation or warranty with respect to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the content. The content is for educational purposes only and does not constitute financial advice. Independent advice should be obtained from an Australian financial services licensee before making investment decisions. To the extent permitted by law, ASX excludes all liability for any loss or damage arising in any way including by way of negligence.
© Copyright 2014 ASX Limited ABN 98 008 624 691. All rights reserved 2014.