This article appeared in the December 2014 ASX Investor Update email newsletter. To subscribe to this newsletter please register with the MyASX section or visit the About MyASX page for past editions and more details.
ASX Investor Update publishes more than 100 features each year and up to 20 ASX Investment videos that are proving increasingly popular with readers. A subscriber base of around 200,000 investors each month provides useful insights into the most popular stories.
Below is a list of 10 features from 2014 that are worth revisiting over the summer break or reading for the first time. They especially suit new investors. Some make the grade because of their high website traffic; others because they have valuable, timeless investment insights.
Also included for the first time are 5 top ASX Investment videos.
Although these stories are educational in nature, they can include references to company or price information that may have become dated. Always do further research of your own, or talk to a licensed financial adviser before acting on themes in current or past issues.
If you'd like to read more of ASX Investor Update over summer, visit Past issues on the ASX website.
Here are the 10 top stories from 2014
- How to value outstanding companies - by Roger Montgomery, The Montgomery Fund
- Get your share portfolio recipe right - by Janine Cox, Wealth Within
- Protecting retirees from inflation - by Mike Saba, Evans & Partners
- How much debt is too much? - by Michael Kemp, Barefoot Blueprint
- Maximise dividend yield in Self-Managed Super - by Nerida Cole, Dixon Advisory
- Sleep-easy investments - by Graham O'Brien, ASX
- Cheap stocks and how to buy them - by Karl Siegling, Cadence Capital
- Likely winners in a changing Australian economy - by John Abernethy, Clime
- Learn and win with the new-look ASX Sharemarket Game - by Tony Hunter, ASX
- How to choose the right ETF - by Robin Bowerman, Vanguard
Here are 5 ASX Investment videos to revisit or watch for the first time
- Ross Greenwood: Making money in 2015
- Trading the share price - not the valuation - by Nick Radge, The Chartist
- Leading commentator talks about his own super fund - by Alan Kohler, Eureka Report
- Buying stocks everyone hates - by Simon Marais, Allan Gray Australia
- Simple stock selection strategies - Julia Lee, Bell Direct
© Copyright 2015 ASX Limited ABN 98 008 624 691. All rights reserved 2015.