ASX Trade administration and regulatory controls
This section details how Government bodies and ASX regulate and monitor trading activity.
ASX Trade Market Control
The ASX department that manages market, security and information availability for trading and provides advice on ASX Market Rules covering trading matters to Participating Organisations.
- ASX Governors - A committee appointed from Participating Organisations, performing a variety of functions including dispute resolution and ITS exams.
- ASX Market Rules govern how trading must be conducted on ASX.
- ASX Listing Rules govern the way a company must conduct itself in order to be listed on ASX.
- Corporations Law - Government Legislation governing the securities industry within Australia.
- An Orderly market is essential to maintaining the integrity of the marketplace and ensuring all investors are protected from breaches of ASX Market Rules.