ASX Listed CFDs Trading information
Available Products and Trading Hours
- Current listed products and their commodity codes
- Trading hours - Find out the trading hours for the ASX Listed CFD market.
There are standard specifications for all ASX Listed CFDs, plus additional specifications that apply to the different types of ASX Listed CFDs.
- Standard contract specifications for all ASX Listed CFDs (PDF 231KB)
- Contract specifications for ASX Equity CFDs (PDF 153KB)
- Contract specifications for ASX Index CFDs (PDF 200KB)
Margins and Cashflows
- View the latest ASX Listed CFD Margins and information about Cashflows .
- Contract interest is paid daily by holders of long positions and received daily by holders of short positions. Contract Interest payable on positions held on Friday night will also include Saturday and Sunday (e.g. 3 days interest).
- Open Interest Charge (OIC) is the daily cost charged by the ASX for holding an open position in an ASX Listed CFD. The OIC rate is set by the ASX and is paid daily by both long and short positions. The OIC can be changed by ASX in response to market circumstances. The rate can move up and down but is expected to be adjusted only infrequently.
Orders placed in the ASX CFD market are matched on a strict time-price priority. Find out more.
Corporate Action Adjustments
Positions in an ASX Equity CFD can be subject to corporate action adjustments any adjustment to positions will reflect the same economic effect as the underlying security on which the ASX Listed CFD is based. This means that whenever there is a corporate action - such as a share split, capital repayment, special dividend, bonus issue, takeover etc - the same impact will be reflected back into the ASX Listed CFD position - either as a position adjustment or a cash adjustment.
The ASX Corporate Action Information Paper (PDF 300KB) sets out the process framework and associated policies for the treatment of corporate action processes in relation to Equity CFDs.
ASX Index CFDs track indexes, which are adjusted by the index provider to reflect all corporate actions