Listed below are historical price charts for ASX Grain Futures contracts dating back to 2004. The charts supplied are for the most actively traded 'new crop' contracts which is January for the winter crops; wheat, barley and canola, and May for Sorghum.
- NSW Wheat: Jan Contract (PDF 542KB)
- WA Wheat: Jan Contract (PDF 446KB)
- Australian Wheat Spread: West Coast versus East Coast (PDF 476KB)
- Eastern Australia Feed Barley: Jan Contract (PDF 509KB)
- Eastern Australia Canola: Jan Contract (PDF 485KB)
- Australian Sorghum: March & May contract (PDF 511KB)
Web based chart functionality for current ASX Grain Futures contracts can be accessed by clicking on the links listed in the table below. The chart automatically created is a line chart for the last 6 months with a 20 day moving average and volume bar chart. The charts are updated daily.
* Sorghum new crop contract is May rather than January.
Alternatively, dynamic chart functionality can be accessed here. To create a chart you will need to know the code of the underlying contract. The codes for ASX Grain Futures contracts are listed in the table above. For example, to chart January 2014 NSW Wheat you should enter VW4F as the code. The charting package applied can be configured to meet your technical analysis preferences. The chart price display alternatives include:
- bar (OHLC);
- candlestick; and
- common base.
Other functions that can be tailored to suit your needs include:
- charting against an equity index (the individual code is for equity analysis only e.g. Elders versus GrainCorp);
- moving average price information;
- traded volume analysis; and
- time period selection.
Listed Company Codes
The charts can also be used to view share price information for ASX listed public companies such as GrainCorp (GNC), Elders (ELD), Incitec Pivot (IPL) and Ridley Corporation (RIC).