Listed Investment Companies Index
ASX in conjunction with Listed Investment Companies (LICs) established a composite LIC Index which comprised of LICs listed on ASX that invest directly in Australian and International Equities. Two sub-indicies were also created to allow for better tracking againast either domestic or internationally focussed LICs.
The index commenced on 2nd January 2009 with retrospective data calculated back to December 30, 2005. The index as calculated by S&P was discontinued on Friday November 30, 2012.
All three indicies were calculated on an end of day value basis by Standard & Poors (S&P) on both a price and total return basis. The index methodology for all three indices broadly followed the All Ords i.e
- No screening for liquidity
- Quoted shares on issue will only be updated once a year at annual rebalance (March)
- Additional qualifying LICs added at that time each year
The index codes, together with the end of day values back to December 30, 2005 and the index constituent list are below.
- XIC - LIC Composite Index (XLS 150KB)
- XID - LIC Domestic Index (XLS 150KB)
- XII - LIC International Index (XLS 150KB)
A new LIC index to be calculated by FTSE is scheduled to commence on January 2nd 2013. Further information on this new index can be obtained from the contact below.