There are a number of important sources of information on the establishment and maintenance of a SMSF.
The following websites provide education for trustees.
- SMSF Trustee Education Program - education program released by the joint accounting bodies CPA, ICAA and NIA
- SMSF Review - Independant information, education and strategies for SMSFs
The following organisations are involved in self managed super.
- Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) - for fact sheets, online calculators or phone (02) 9264 9300.
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) - phone (1300) 131060. For early release of your funds on compassionate grounds or if you suspect your money is being mismanaged. Assisting trustees to manage superannuation funds prudently and in compliance with applicable requirements, this section of the APRA website provides relevant information.
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO) - Superannuation - phone 131020
- CentreLink - for free information, seminars, booklets on government welfare benefits and investing.
- MoneySmart - phone (1300) 300 630
- National Information Centre on Retirement Investments (NICRI) - phone (1800) 020 110
- SMSF Professionals' Association (SPA) - offers support, ongoing education and advice to SMSF advisers who become members.
- Superannuation Complaints Tribunal - phone (1300) 884 114