ASX Equity FlexClear™ is a flexible, secure, and offsetting clearing service tailored for buy-side customers as an alternative to over-the-counter (OTC) options trading.
Benefits of ASX Equity FlexClear™
- Flexibility to specify maturity, option type, exercise price and exercise type.
- OTC option trades reported to ASX are 100% confidential with complete end to end anonymity.
- No ISDA agreement required.
- ASX acts as Central Counterparty, independent valuation and corporate actions agent.
- Positions offset with ETOs.
- Participants can enter a trade with one counterparty and exit via another.
- Position netting for back to back transactions.
Operational details for ASX Equity FlexClear™
The following documents can be referred to for deal report procedures and lodgement.
Phase 2 Launch Details
- Expected April 2015
- 3 year expiry Cap
- Listed ETO expiry dates will be available
- Contingent equity transactions available
- Phase 2 Fact Sheet
Phase 3 Launch Details
- Expected Q3 2015
- Expanded to cover selected S&P/ASX 200 stock, ETPs and indices
- Introduction of single stock cash settled style options
- 10.00am to 3.30pm AEST