ASX Equity OTC Clear is a flexible, secure, and offsetting clearing service tailored for buy-side customers as an alternative to over-the-counter (OTC) options trading.
Benefits of ASX Equity OTC Clear
- Flexibility to specify maturity, option type, exercise price and exercise type.
- OTC option trades reported to ASX are 100% confidential with complete end to end anonymity.
- No ISDA agreement required.
- ASX acts as Central Counterparty, independent valuation and corporate actions agent.
- Positions offset with ETOs.
- Participants can enter a trade with one counterparty and exit via another.
- Position netting for back to back transactions.
Operational details for ASX Equity OTC clear
The following documents can be referred to for deal report procedures and lodgement.
Phase 2 Launch Details
- Expected Q1 2013
- Expanded to cover entire ETO universe
- 4 year expiry Cap
- Listed ETO expiry dates will be available (subject to regulatory approval)
- 10.00am to 3.30pm AEST