Terms and Conditions
1. The organiser of the ASX Opening Bell Competition (the "Competition") is ASX Operations Pty Ltd ABN 42 004 523 782 ("ASXO"), 20 Bridge Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia, +61 2 9227 0486.
2. The promotional material, information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
3. Entry to the competition is available to all Australian residents and international visitors (who are visiting Australia on a valid visa) aged 18 years or older who hold a valid ticket to attend the 2018 Sibos conference in Sydney to be held between 21 to 25 October 2018. The Competition opens on 9.30M AEDT on 02/10/2018.
4. To enter, entrants must validly complete the online form on the ASX Sibos microsite (available at: https://www.asx.com.au/events/asx-sibos/), including full name, job title, company, contact email and contact phone number by 6:00 pm AEDT on Wednesday 17 October 2018. Any entries received after that time will be invalid, and no responsibility will be taken for any late or misdirected entries.
5. ASX directors, employees and their families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
6. A limit of one entry applies per person. Any subsequent entries from a person who has already entered the Competition will be disregarded.
7. All valid entries will be included in the draw. The winner will be picked from random using an excel spreadsheet formula.
8. The draw will take place on Thursday 18 October 2018 at 09:00am AEDT at 20 Bridge Street, Sydney, Australia.
9. Only one prize will be awarded to one winner.
10. The winner of the prize will be notified by email and/or telephone and their name will be published on the ASX Sibos microsite (https://www.asx.com.au/events/asx-sibos/).
11. In the event that ASXO is unable to make contact with the winner or the winner does not claim the prize within 24 hours of the draw, the winner forfeits the prize and ASXO reserves the right to re-award the prize to the next drawn winner, which will be judged in the same manner as set out above. The re-draw will take place at 20 Bridge Street, Sydney on Friday, 19 October 2018 at 09:00am AEDT.
12. The winner will win the opportunity to ring the bell to open the ASX market from the ASX stand at the Sibos 2018 Conference held at the International Convention Centre in Sydney on Monday 22 October 2018 on or around 10:00am AEDT. After ringing the bell, the winner will be awarded the rope they used to ring the bell. The winner will also receive other ASX branded merchandise with a value less than $50.
13. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize does not include an entry ticket to the Sibos conference, any additional Sibos conference tickets, or any contribution towards travel or accommodation costs.
14. In the event that the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond ASXO’s control, ASXO may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value subject to any contrary direction from a regulatory authority.
15. ASXO will contact all entrants via email to announce the winner.
16. Entrants consent to ASXO using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by ASXO.
17. ASXO is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as arising from, or in connection with the prize.
18. The winner grants ASXO permission to publish their name and company on the ASX Sibos Microsite https://www.asx.com.au/events/asx-sibos/.
19. All personal information collected by ASXO will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it and for any other purpose you consent to or which is permissible under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). For details of ASX's privacy practices, see https://www.asx.com.au/about/privacy-statement.htm.
20. ASXO’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. ASXO accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications.
21. If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of ASXO this Competition is not capable of running as planned, ASXO reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.
22. ASX reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or amend these terms and conditions, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
Authorised under NSW permit number: LTPS/18/28560