The information on this page applies to exchange traded options, XJO Index Options and S&P/ASX 200 A-REIT Index Options.
For ASX SPI 200 Index Options, please refer to the ASX SPI 200 trading information page.
Hours of operation
Order types and trading platform
- Types of orders
- Market makers (PDF 332KB)
- Changes to market making (PDF 82KB)
- How market makers trade options
- ASX Trade
- Tailor made combinations on ASX Trade
Option stocks and listing guidelines
- Contract specifications
- Options Listing Guidelines (PDF 242KB)
- Option listing dates (PDF 53KB)
- Options code list (updated daily, CSV file)
Margins and collateral
- Acceptable collateral
- Early exercise of options
- Volatility parameters and ETO Class Ranking
- Monthly statistics
- Historical data
- Option trading records
Publications and research
- S&P/ASX Buy Write Index
- Institutional papers
- Taxation treatment of options (PDF 292KB)
- Taxation Franking Credit eligibility paper (PDF 1.9MB)
General participant information
- Adviser accreditation
Off market facilities
- The threshold for special size crossings in Category 1 stocks underlying ETOs is $500,000 worth of premium.
- The threshold for special size crossings in Category 2 & Category 3 stocks underlying ETOs is $250,000 worth of premium.
- The threshold for special size LEPO crossings is $1,000,000 worth of premium.
Exchange for Physicals (EFPs)
With regard to ASX SPI 200™ Index Futures, special size trades in S&P/ASX 200 Index Options contracts (XJO Index Options) as EFPs are approved.
For further information, please refer to SPI V XJO EFPs (PDF 72KB).