Interest rate derivatives
ASX interest rate derivatives are futures and options contracts listed on Australian and New Zealand interest rate securities and reference rates. ASX interest rate futures and options are leveraged instruments which allow investors and traders to gain and manage their exposure to short and long term Australian and New Zealand interest rates.
Types of ASX interest rate futures and options
- Australian short term interest rate futures and options
- Australian bond futures and options
- Australian one session options
- New Zealand short term interest rate futures and options
Trading ASX interest rate futures and options offers investors the following benefits such as:
- Price transparency and liquidity
- Immediate execution and confirmation
- Reduction of counterparty risk
- Centralised clearing supported by a clearing guarantee.
Like any investment, futures and futures options have risks that you need to understand before trading. You should obtain independent advice from a professional adviser prior to making any final decision.