Purpose of the CHESS Replacement Technical Committee
The CHESS Replacement Technical Committee is a sub-committee of the Business Committee.
The CHESS Replacement Technical Committee is an industry forum for:
- ASX to obtain input from impacted stakeholders to inform ASX Management and the Boards of ASX Clear and ASX Settlement in relation to its decision making and help solve issues in the replacement of ASX’s Clearing House Electronic Sub-register System (CHESS)
- ASX to communicate and provide visibility to, and seek expert views and input from, impacted stakeholders on the safe and successful delivery of CHESS replacement
- Impacted stakeholders to obtain input that informs their own decision making.
Role of the CHESS Replacement Technical Committee
- Provide a forum for industry engagement to review, debate and provide input in relation to project planning and design assumptions (noting this does not preclude formal industry consultation where relevant), and industry benefits.
- Provide ASX and members with an understanding of the practical effects on impacted stakeholders of any changes to industry process, options and sequencing of readiness activities.
- Provide members with an understanding of the key project risks, issues, constraints and diverse industry demands.
- Receive timely communication and reporting of project status including tracking to project milestones, stakeholder participation in readiness activities, progress statistics and assurance activities.
- Consider the implementation approach, including the risks and benefits of various transition options to appropriately manage industry risks.